Ashburn Girls Softball League (AGSL)
Madison Small Scholarship Program
The AGSL student athlete scholarship program provides college scholarships to deserving young women that have demonstrated sportsmanship, citizenship and commitment to the game of softball that resulted in a positive impact on their own development and AGSL as a whole. Up to three scholarships will be awarded each year to be used at an accredited college, university or vocational institution toward direct costs (tuition, books, room & board).
The scholarship award amount will be based on the number of recipients. Scholarships will be awarded in May.
Applicants are eligible to apply for a scholarship award in their senior year of high school to be used for their freshman year of college. Each applicant must have completed at least 2 full seasons of softball (fall and spring of House and/or Shooting Stars) with AGSL.
Eligible participants must submit their completed application packages to AGSL not later than May 5, 2023. Please mail applications to: AGSL, P.O. Box 555, Ashburn, VA 20146 or email to Anne Dore at
firstname.lastname@example.org. Please include in the application package:
- A completed AGSL scholarship application form.
- Two letters of recommendation (one from a coach, one from a teacher/counselor).
- A 400 - 600 word essay on one of two topics:
- Participating in organized softball has taught me…
- The lessons from softball that I will take into adulthood are…
- High school transcript or latest semester report card and written confirmation from school as to expected graduation date.
- If submitting via email, application documents must be submitted as a single .pdf document.
A selection committee will review all applications. The committee may elect to interview candidates in order to make their final recommendation to the AGSL Board of Directors.
Funds will be distributed upon proof that a deposit was submitted to a school of higher education; or by providing evidence of valid registration at the selected accredited college/university.
Questions or requests for clarification should be emailed to
, Vice President of AGSL. Please note that questions should be directed in advance of the deadline. AGSL is unable to extend the deadline.